A big huge thank you to everyone on Yearbook Staff who helped out this past Spirit Week! From photographers to face painters, from poster makers to capri-sun hustlers, you all were wonderfully supportive of the Yearbook and each other.
To date, we have made close to $150 from our fundraising efforts just these past two weeks. This was accomplished through redeeming printer cartridges, bringing in cans and bottles, and hosting the table at the Spirit Rally. We will have many more opportunities to fundraise, and we should definitely hold a meeting next week to regroup and figure out our game plan so we're set until the Winter vacation.
I will talk to the administration and the Leadership/Den Moderators about what plans they may have made about senior portraits and pictures of the underclassmen, as well as look into what our other schools on campus are doing. Hopefully I'll have news early next week.
For "homework," can each of you respond to this post with a write-up and commentary about last week's events. We will combine everyone's awesome responses (loaded with a tremendous amount of sensory detail I'm sure) into the "copy" for the pages in the Yearbook that will be dedicated to Spirit Week. We will need a couple more really good writers to serve as copy editors for the yearbook. I'll be talking to a few of you very soon.
Ms. Paraiso
To date, we have made close to $150 from our fundraising efforts just these past two weeks. This was accomplished through redeeming printer cartridges, bringing in cans and bottles, and hosting the table at the Spirit Rally. We will have many more opportunities to fundraise, and we should definitely hold a meeting next week to regroup and figure out our game plan so we're set until the Winter vacation.
I will talk to the administration and the Leadership/Den Moderators about what plans they may have made about senior portraits and pictures of the underclassmen, as well as look into what our other schools on campus are doing. Hopefully I'll have news early next week.
For "homework," can each of you respond to this post with a write-up and commentary about last week's events. We will combine everyone's awesome responses (loaded with a tremendous amount of sensory detail I'm sure) into the "copy" for the pages in the Yearbook that will be dedicated to Spirit Week. We will need a couple more really good writers to serve as copy editors for the yearbook. I'll be talking to a few of you very soon.
Anticipate an email over the weekend with a date for the next Yearbook meeting.
Ms. Paraiso
For the bake sale, I noticed that a lot of people bought brownies and cookies over cupcakes. There seed to be around 15 cupcakes left over. For bake sales, I think it will be ore profitable if we have two "selling" locations, one in the courtyard(same location last time) and one at CPAA which can be the area outside of Ms. Kim's room. The location in the courtyard should have more things to sell than the one in CPAA. Lastly, we should bring napkins next time, since people seemed hesitant to buy more because of the lack of napkins.
ReplyDeleteFor face painting, business slowed around the second half of lunch time and I think that if we also included body painting(painting arms or chest) more people would have paid for it. The main issue was that it was hard to paint people's faces while standing across the table so we had to go in front of the table to paint.
Lastly, I think that there should be separate tables for the stalls, and there should be organized lines for customers. Since, customers kept bunching together, it became crowded and disorganized.